For the next project in Illustration Studio Concepts & Practices we were told to mash up a fairy tale with a new time period from a list. (I was kinda bummed we had to choose from a list because I had some cool ideas floatin' around)
Anyways..I started to sketch out some ideas for Tom Thumb, Jack Sprat, as well as Hansel and Gretel.
At first we had to choose two of our favorite ideas and refine them.
I chose my Victorian/Steampunk, Hansel and Gretel and my Medieval, Jack Sprat ideas to create line drawings.
From there we chose our favorite of those two and were to refine that line drawing once more.
I chose my Victorian/Steampunk, Hansel and Gretel (Jack Sprat, you are the weakest link, goodbye)
I gave the curtains candy canes and turned the floor into a chocolate bar.
Then we created quick (very rough) value and color studies before moving on to the final piece of artwork in a technique of our choice (Yayyy!)







No comments:
Post a Comment